- Conductors Of The Community
Conductors Of The Community
The Conductors of the Community program, presented by the Massachusetts State Lottery, honors individuals who have made a significant and positive impact in the Greater Worcester Community.
The Conductors of the Community Award is presented to individuals who, through their dedicated commitment and humanitarian spirit, have made exceptional and lasting contributions to our community. During the final seven Saturday Railers HC home games at the DCU Center, the Railers and their fans salute the exemplary efforts of these individuals during a special in-game presentation. Each recipient receives four tickets to a Railers HC game and is invited to watch warm-ups from the Railers home bench.
The first Conductors of the Community Award was presented to Tim Garvin, President and CEO of the United Way of Central Massachusetts, on Saturday, January 27, 2018 during the inaugural 2017-18 season. To date, the program has recognized 18 Conductors of the Community.
In 2019, the Massachusetts State Lottery returned over $997 million in net profit to the Commonwealth. These funds flowed back to the 351 cities and towns in Massachusetts and helped pay for local improvement projects, public safety, snow removal, and education initiatives, among other things.
Now accepting nominees for the 2021-22 season!
Do you know someone who has made exceptional and lasting contributions to our community?
Nominate them as a Conductor of the Community for the 2021-22 season using the form below.
- Jean G. McMurray, Worcester County Food Bank
- Kathy DiRusso, Cup Crusaders
- Christine Foley, Andy’s Attic
- Tim Garvin, United Way
- Cherylann Gengel, Be Like Brit
- Linda Cavaioli, YWCA
- Jessica Walsh, Worcester Wares
- Sue Saucier, Catholic Schools
- Sean Rose, Worcester Union Athletics
- Gordon Hargrove, Friendly House
- Bill Moore, Project New Hope
- Joy Murrieta, Main IDEA Youth & Arts
- Bill Riley, St. John’s Food for the Poor
- Jim LeBlanc, Leominster Office of Emergency Management
- Liz Hamilton, Boys & Girls Club of Worcester
- Kevin Holmes, ATG Haulin’ 4 Hunger
- Simon Eber, Simon Says Give Worcester
- Stephen Sycks, March of Dimes