Worcester Railers HC Announce Protected Player List
Nine forwards, eight defensemen, and one goalie named to list
Worcester, MA– The Worcester Railers Hockey Club (@RailersHC), proud ECHL(@ECHL) affiliate of the New York Islanders(@NYIslanders) and General Manager/ Head Coach Jamie Russell announced today the club’s protected list for the 2018-19 season.
The Worcester Railers protected 18 players which included:
Per ECHL: Teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association which state that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
- Signed an SPC in 2017-18 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
- Signed an SPC in 2017-18, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
- Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current Season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
- Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
- Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2017-18 Regular Season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
- Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
Protected lists may exceed 20 players.
The ECHL also announced that teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3 p.m. ET on June 13 and that teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3 p.m. ET on June 15.
Season-ending rosters may include up to 20 players and cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2017-18.
The Railers 2018-19 home opener at the DCU Center is Saturday, October 20 vs. the Maine Mariners. The only way to secure your spot to opening night is by purchasing a season membership starting as low as $11.25 per ticket by contacting the Railers HC front office at 508-365-1750 or by visiting http://www.railershc.com/.